Join us at the Mid-Columbia Market for three exciting events coming up this month!
Food Swap: Thursday, January 14
Pork Taco Demo: Friday, January 15
WHO: Andrew and Mary Travis from Rockin’ R Ranch
- WHAT: Fresh pork taco demo
WHEN: Friday, January 15th, 11am-2pm
WHERE: Mid-Columbia Market (603 Goethals, Richland, just south of Lee Blvd)
WHY: Pork tacos make a great dinner, small plate, or Super bowl appetizer!
Salsa Demo and Tasting: Saturday, January 30
- WHO: Rudy Pena of Rudy’s Pepper Blends
- WHAT: Salsa demonstrations and tasting
- WHEN: Saturday, January 30 from 12 to 5 PM
- WHERE: Mid-Columbia Market (603 Goethals, Richland, just south of Lee Blvd)
- WHY: Learn how to make a great salsa just in time for the Super Bowl!
- COST: Free and open to the public
Rudy Pena has been growing hot peppers and making his own pepper blends locally for almost 20 years. His salsa blends have won numerous prizes at the Fiery Foods Festival and he is a popular presence at local farmers’ markets. He will demonstrate how to make at least three types of salsa using his prize-winning blends, including Super Bowl Salsa, Pineapple Salsa, and Southwestern Salsa. And of course, he’ll be sampling the salsas he makes for you! Plus, the first 25 people who taste his salsa will get sample packets of a salsa blend to take home, and his blends will be on sale for 10% off during the demo only.